Jeolikot is a hidden small town located 17 km before Nainital at NH 87 connecting Kathgodam and Nainital. An all season delight, Jeolikot is a picturesque suburb which offers a perfect atmosphere for a pleasant holiday away from hustle-bustle of metro life. Adorned with wide variety of flowers, it is a treat for visitors who enjoy floriculture, gardening and watching butterflies.
Why To Visit Jeolikot
- Jeolikot is best for adventurous activities like birds watching, nature walks in the hilly trails of Kumaon hills.
- Jeolikot is an ideal destination for lovely family holiday or honeymoon stay for lovebirds.
- Best for a day visit to nearest tourists destinations like Nainital, Corbett National Park, Mukteshwar, Ramgarh etc.
- Shri Aurobindo and Swami Vivekananda used to meditate in the pleasant natural environment of Jeolikot.
- Jeolikot is the home of some ancient temples, a cemetery and other structures of history.
- Bee-keeping centres and orchards of fruits with butterflies are beautiful to enjoy at Jeolikot.
How To Reach Jeolikot
Jeolikot can be easily reach by taking bus or taxi from Nainital or Kathgodam as Jeolikot is located between Kathgodam and Nainital.