Nainital Do’s and Don’ts
Things to do in Nainital
- Nainital is really freezing in winters so make sure that you have enough warm clothes with you. Nainital, like any hill station, experiences unpredictable and sudden changes in weather.
- Take permission while taking photographs and respect other people’s privacy.
- Make prior arrangement in hotels or resorts in order to avoid last minute hassles and especially during summers. Because most numbers of tourists visit Nainital during summers.
- Make sure you have a good guide who is familiar with the area when you go hiking or trekking.
- Follow instructions displayed by the authorities to enjoy your outing.
- Always keep torch and whistle with you when you are going for a trek.
Things to Avoid in Nainital
- While visiting any picnic spots, make sure that you do not litter.
- Don’t throw Plastic bags here and there and respect nature.
- Never allow your guide for drink (liquor).
- Don’t try to swim in any of the lakes in Nainital District as they are very deep and risky. But do enjoy boating and paddling.