Bhimtal is an alluring destination famous for its lake ‘Bhimtal’ and is located near Nainital. The name of the place comes from the religious Mahabharata character Bhim plus ‘Tal’ means lake which altogether forms Bhimtal. Located 22 km away from Nainital, Bhimtal is one of the major lakes from famous seven lakes of Kumaon. Tucked at an altitude of 1371 mtrs, Bhimtal flawless beauty is enhanced by crystal clear freshwater of Bhimtal Lake.
Bhimtal lake is the largest lake near Naintal. An unspoiled and natural charm of Bhimtal lake attracts tourists to find peace of mind in Bhimtal. A small island in the precincts Bhimtal lake adds on the beauty of lake.This island is located at 91 metres from the shore.
- A large Victorian dam, terraced flower gardens at either side on the dam makes lake more beautiful and useful too.
- Museum of Folk Culture (Lok Sanskriti Sangrahalaya) housing collections of folk paintings and ancient wooden artifacts.
- Bhimtal Lake for boating
- An Aquarium on the Island on Bhimtal
- Bhimkeshwar temple dedicated to Bhim.
- Ghorakhal Temple 3 km from Bhimtal.
How To Reach Bhimtal
Bhimtal is located at a distance of 22 km and 23 km from Nainital and Kathgodam respectively. Buses and taxis are frequently available from Nainital and Kathgodam to Bhimtal.