Almora is popularly known as ‘Land of Ancient Temples’, is a pictorial city and district headquater in Kumaon region of Uttarakhand. Almora offers majestic view of glistening Himalayas. Located at an altitude of 1,651 mtrs, Almora is known for its vast and rich cultural heritage which allures visitors to unravel hidden gems of Almora. Boosting numerous tourist spots and easy accessibility makes it a popular destination to visit.
- Bright End Corner, situated 2 kms from Almora, famous for sunset view from Almora
- Martola, located at 10 km from Almora known for magnificent scenic beauty. Mostly inhabited by foreigners.
- Kalimutt is a picnic spot at 5 km from Almora known for majestic Himalayan views.
- Deer Park is located at 3 km from Almora and known for its wildlife and scenic beauty.
- Almora Market is a centre of attraction in Almora as along with shops it consists of major population of Almora town.
- Almora has many large and small temples within its boundary such as Katarmal Sun Temple, Chittai Temple of Golu Devta, Kasar Devi Temple, Nanda Devi Temple, Banari Devi, Rudreshwar Mahadev Temple, Jageshwar Dham, Binsar Mahadev, Manila Devi, Garhnath and Baijnath
- Almora is centre of cultural heritage and visitors like Kumaoni handicrafts and cuisines.
How To Reach Almora
Almora is well connected by road and can be easily reach by taxi or bus from Nainital, Kathgodam and Delhi.